Sunday, May 10, 2015

Finding the Pen on the Table - Birch Hide

We started our morning by meeting up with fellow Monday night classmates at our instructor’s place and gained experience by working in a new location.  All three dogs did a great job in their two hour round of searches and we have to thank Alexa once again for her generosity.

While driving home I decided to head straight to our local park to take the dogs for a walk or run.  Poor Desi got to go for a ride, but ended up staying in the car, and I thought this would make it fun for her.  We did the short walk thing and I decided to put out four Birch Hides, carry the Action Cam & run video, and call it a day.  (Side note I really need to get her started in this NoseWork thing.)


Each dog has its strong points and trouble issues and today I felt the second popped up more.  Where one dog struggled, the other nailed the hide and moved on, only to shell game through all four.  One hide in particular was interesting to me.  A pen loaded with Birch scented QTips was put on top of a picnic table and how each of the dogs came to the conclusion it was there had me shaking my head.
There are a few laugh points and if I did not know where the Hide was, I would have called an “alert” for Torch at 1 minute…you will see it.

Interesting to watch if you have six minutes to watch dogs sniff picnic tables.
Enjoy!
Joyce




No comments:

Post a Comment